The recipients don’t view my email address
You will have to setup the SPF and DKIM records in your domain’s DNS. Please contact your webmaster for that. In the Email Settings page you can view the SPF and DKIM records you have to setup.
Why? Using SPF and DKIM you are authorizing Ether Mailer to send emails using your domain. Otherwise, everybody could use your domain to send emails – we don’t want that, do we?
Some emails go to spam folder
Although Ether Mailer’s MTA servers have an excellent reputation, we cannot prevent some emails from landing in the spam folders. There are so many reasons for that. Some of them:
- The email providers (gmail, hotmail, etc) do not like your content
- The email providers do not like the links in your newsletter
- Many subscribers have pressed the “this is spam” button
- Many subscribers have pressed the “unsubscribe” button
- Your newsletter contains only images but no text
- Your email address or domain is blacklisted
Only a few open the emails
A good open rate is 20% and above. If your open rate is above 20%, you are pretty fine! If not, just check the following:
- Are your contacts interested in what you offer?
- Do you use a catchy subjects?
- Did you have many unsubscribes and spam reports in the past?
- Do you send email newsletters too often?
- Is your email address or domain blacklisted?